Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Shiny, Happy People Wear Brown or Everything I Needed to Know, I Learned From Firefly

The greatest tragedy to befall modern television is, without a doubt, the premature cancellation of Joss Whedon's Firefly. The good die young, they say, and that show didn't make it a season. It was...in my humble opinion...one of the best shows ever produced. Followers and loyal fans call themselves "browncoats" as an homage to the captain's classic frock. As a die hard browncoat myself, I feel obliged to tell you why this show ranks so high on my list. Hopefully ,if you haven't had the pleasure, this list will inspire you to watch....and possibly don an earthen colored coat of your own.

Everything I need to know in life, I learned from firefly:

Play fair. No one says it better than Mal....





Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. If you know it's bound to happen, don't act surprised when it does...




Always spin things in the most positive light. It makes everyone feel better.




Know your limits.






Pay compliments to our female friends (even if they/you are married). 





It isn't weak to believe the bible.  Don't let the media fool you... 




Don't talk at the theater. 



Dress to impress.



It's always best to establish rules up front.



You don't need guns until you need them.



If you are gonna be snarky, do it with flair. Winston Churchill said it best when he defined tact as the way to tell someone to go to hell so they look forward to the trip...




Stand up for yourself. 




Not everyone shakes the world, but anyone can make a dent.



Stand for what you believe, even if you're standing alone.



Sometimes you have to rock the boat.



Never, ever quit. 



We all have a time limit.




It's good to be simple.




Freedom is fleeting and precious.


So, I hope this has inspired you to at least watch this amazing, futuristic, scifi, western, dystopia.....It is well worth your time....



No comments:

Post a Comment